David Cook – The Idol with the Potential



Who knows?! David Cook might be the next American Idol! I had seen him perform from the very beginning of 2008 American Idol. I was captivated by his exceptional way of changing the real tunes of famous songs like Billie Jean by Michael Jackson, “Happy Together”, “Everything I Do, I Do It For You” and recently, Mariah Carey’s male version of “You Will Always Be My Baby”. This extraordinary talent of David Cook just proves that he can own the song. He showed his great talent by changing the melody of Mariah’s hit song into an alternative rock version. As a matter of fact, this latest performance of the 25-year old guy with lots of potential talent made him the dark horse of the competition. Randy says, “It was the most brilliant performance yet.” Paula added, “That song could be in a movie soundtrack right now.” And to my surprise, the ever tough judge Simon says very strong words like, “David, it was like coming out of Karaoke hell into a breath of fresh air! Because it was original, it was daring, it stood out by mile. This is the sign of a great potential artist, someone who takes risks” and even congratulated David Cook for that wonderful performance of the night. I also remember Simon telling David before that, “If American Idol remains a talent competition rather than a popularity competition, David Cook could probably win.” David on the other hand, felt so overwhelmed by the judges and audience’s reactions and were in tears and speechless at all during the night when the Top 7 Idols performed. In all of these, I would like to reiterate that David Cook is my favorite contestant for this show. I am even mesmerized with his own rendition of the songs “Hello” and “Day Tripper”.



0 comments: